All The Rivers Run

All The Rivers Run

Monday, November 26, 2012

Inspired by Little House


As we began the whole unpacking process, I came across my ‘Little House on the Prairie’ DVD collection, and my girls delightedly began watching the series once more.  My Aimee was particularly taken by one scene, where Pa Ingals plays the violin, and afterwards, little Carrie cries out, ‘More music, Papa!’

So imagine our girl’s delight when HER Pa pulls out his violin, and begins playing it for all of us to enjoy!  It had been years since he had fiddled  – so long in fact, that our Aimee didn’t even know he played!  How excited she was to discover that her ‘Pa’ could rattle off a tune just like Carrie’s!  




But not for long – we are lending out the violin to a friend, so once more it’ll be some time before his next rendition – which is fine, as far as Bill is concerned, he’s had his ‘shining moment’ with his daughter, and will no doubt be impressing her with some other new thing tomorrow.  And in the meantime, my girls will continue to watch the Little House DVDs, and enjoy all they have to offer.

Linda.

1 comment:

  1. Goodness gracious 'Pa' I didn't know you played either. I will need to borrow a violin when next you're in our neck of the woods so you can fiddle for us too :)

    ReplyDelete