All The Rivers Run

All The Rivers Run

Saturday, December 29, 2012

We Remember....

Today, we took some time out to remember our very special Dad, Grandfather, and Best Friend, who passed away seven years ago today.

Dad was someone who was so proud of his family, and yet, he remained the most humble man - and was always ready and willing with a smile and a helping hand for anyone who needed him. 

Terence was a brilliant musician, and I can still hear him thumping away on the piano - in all my life, I have never met anyone who could play as he did.  As a music teacher, he introduced so many people to the joys of music, including many of my own children. 

He was instrumental in my journey to the Catholic Church, and was always there when I needed someone to talk to, whether it be about raising children, business advice, religious questions, or whatever.  He also became my partner on card nights, and together, we took on that 'other team' - namely, his wife Jean and my dear hubby, Bill. 

His laughter and his smile could light up an entire room.  I can never put into words how much he is loved and how much we miss him.  He remains contstantly in our hearts, minds, and prayers.

Terence Patrick Maher, may you rest in peace.

Christmas 1998 - The Maher Family

 Linda.


No comments:

Post a Comment